IELTSgroup
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.
IELTSgroup

A Forum of IELTS studying group

Join Hội-những-người-quyết-tâm-được-điểm-cao-Ielts to practice English everyday.
Some people suppose that criminals should be sent to prison while others advocate for the idea that they should do something else as a punishment. Untitled_zps8b9e32c7
Join www.facebook.com/IELTSVN to practice English everyday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some people suppose that criminals should be sent to prison while others advocate for the idea that they should do something else as a punishment.

4 posters

Go down  Thông điệp [Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang]

yomoko_91

Huong
It is often that if a person violates the law, he will have to take responsibility for his actions. While some people suggest that criminals should be sent to prison, other might argue that they should do something else as a punishment. In this essay, I shall examine the merits of both sides of the argument and state my own opinion.

Criminals usually are sent to prison all most of countries around the world. The prison as a deterrent to offenders, it creates an isolated environment and makes crimes think about their mistakes. With jail time and the strict management of guards, they will be renovated to become a better people. In addition, the guilty will go to jail will make other feel fear and avoid doing illegal things. However, it creates a stigma for those who are released from prison. When returning to normal life, they will be hardly recognized by communities. For example, they get not much sympathy from neighbors or their children may be teased by friends.

In some ways, people might argue that criminals should do something else as a punishment. I suppose that it could be the welfare work such as care for the elderly, abandoned children or cleaning up public places. It might be a good way to reforming the offender because they care less fortunate would help them realize the value of life. But, there is a disadvantage to managing offender, some crimes might not be aware of the value of this work and might be find a way to escape while working in the community.

In conclusion, both sides appear to prove their points. However, from my own perspective, I think criminals should be sent to prison because it has much more dissuasive. I believe that the difficult, lacking and isolated environment in prison, prisoners will actually recognize their own mistakes.

2Some people suppose that criminals should be sent to prison while others advocate for the idea that they should do something else as a punishment. Empty Hà An Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:13 am

kiwizorba97

It is unquestionable that a number of guilty person have been increasing quickly nowadays. While some people suggest that we should make these people become prisoner, others might argue that criminals should do something else as a punishment. In this essay, I shall examine the merits of both sides of the argument and state my own opinion.
There are several advantages to sending the culpable person to prison. Going to jail gets person have a clear awareness of the fact that they did the unlawful actions so they have to be kept away from the social life. Criminals would lose their freedom, which is likely the most terrible part of prison. By the way, this will deter them from similar actions in their future. They will carefully think about their wrong behaviors and carefully think before they break the laws again.  
However, some people, including me, might argue that people who break the law should be made to do some activities else as a punishment. This means instead of going to penitentiary, criminals could do something like community services to redeem themselves. For example, a robber can plan trees, clean the road or care for the elderly as a penalty. In some way, it is similar with going to jails because they are both the punishment, but indeed, these activities also give them a chance to do good things for society, which might help them to feel better after making mistakes. Besides this, it can help government to reduce to money for building and managing jails.  
In conclusion, both sides appear to prove their points. However, from my own perspective, we should let criminals do others activities instead of sending them to prison because not only will it make criminals repent but it also have good effect on the community.

3Some people suppose that criminals should be sent to prison while others advocate for the idea that they should do something else as a punishment. Empty Should criminals be put into prison Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:40 am

tdh

Loan

Whether or not being put criminals into prisons is a controversial issue. While some people suggest that offenders should be sent to jails, others might ague that it is better to sentence criminals by imposing alternative punishments. In this essay, I will examine the merits of both sides of the argument and state my own opinion.
There are several disadvantages of imprisoning those who are convicted in jails. Firstly, this activity affects both the offenders’ family and governments in term of finances. This is because the government has to pay for caring for these criminals while the criminals’ family also lost a mount of money earned by them. Secondly, family members also suffer in term of mental health when the prisoner is serving time. Because experiencing a member is sent to the prison is extremely stressful.
However, some people ague that, on balance, incarcerating criminals in prisons is effective ways to reduce crime. Indeed, if an offender is placed in a jail the society remove an individual having bad behavior. As a result, living becomes more peaceful without criminals. Furthermore, prisons can deter future crime. This is because most people know that jails are not place a funny fun to live in. Therefore, they will follow the laws and avoid criminal activities.
In conclusion, both sides appear to prove their points of view. However, from my own perspective, offenders should be placed in prisons by the guilty that they make because only then could society become fair and save for people’ lives.

tdh

Some people suppose that criminals should be sent to prisons while others advocate for the idea that they should do something else as a punishment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

In today’s world, how to punish criminals with the most effective way is a controversial issue. While some people claim that governments should imprison all criminals in jails, others believe that it would be better having other job for them to do instead of being sent in prisons. This essay will examine both viewpoints of this problem.
There are several reasons why sending criminals to prison is compulsory. Firstly, society is likely safer when criminals stay the jails. This is because society has removed people having misbehavior out of general community. In other words, the fewer criminals society has the higher community safety is. Secondly, prisons deter the repetition of crime. For example, a prisoner, after going out the prison, will likely realize that prisons are worst places to stay. As a result, they may obey the laws in a better way and avoid breaking the laws.
However, criminals should do something as a sentence is also an incredible choice. One of the reasons is that there are financial benefits of alternative offender sentencing. This is because the government can reduce cost to care prisons, and these criminals may earn extra money for the government from community service, for example. Another reason is that offenders need to have a chance to repair their mistakes. This is because anyone sometimes can commit crimes whether deliberately or not. The main purpose of the laws is to help criminals realize their faults and correct them by paying a fine, for instance, as a penalty.
In conclusion, there are valid reasons for both sides of the controversy. However, from my own perspective, government should incarcerate criminals in prisons in order to reduce crime. Only then could society develop more robustly and wealthier.

Nguyen Hien

It is unquestionable that criminals should be punished after doing their crimes. While some people suggest that the culprits must be suffered from doing something as a punishment, others might argue that criminals should be sent to prison. In this essay, I shall examine the merits os both sides of the argument and state my own opinion.
There are several disadvantages to requiring criminals to do social works , and voluntary works which are also the punishment. Firstly, this is particularly the case that they might be dangerous to society. This is because if they have not felt worry about what they did in the past they would have continued to do the same, especially serial killer, murder. Secondly, the big problem facing the policeman is controlling criminals. For example, a felon does social work as labourer, he can have more opportunity to escape when the policeman are lack of attention.
However, it is my belief that, on balance, we should send the culprits to prison because of two main reasons. Firstly, on social side, it will be better if there is an decrease in the number of criminals who live within society. This is true that when they stay in jail they can not afford to do a crime since the strike control in jail and the huge walls. In addition, the still work to benefit the society , for instant growing vegetable and animals. Secondly, such punishment lead to the fact that people have to think carefully before breaking the rule
In conclusion, both sides appear to prove their poits. However,from my perpective, sending criminals to prison is more suitable than another choice.

Sponsored content

Về Đầu Trang  Thông điệp [Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang]

Permissions in this forum:
Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết